Dia for windows and .svg shapes

Dear all,

I have converted many of the Tango icons and derivatives to dia shapes by
merely making .shape files that references the .svg files, adding a .png
icon and adding them to a sheet. This actually works very great ! . . in
Linux :)

The problem is that the Windows version of dia (both stable and the latest
development release), doesn't render .svg files very well, if at all. I have
tried to look at the http://dia-installer.de/index_en.html and even peeked a
bit at the build scripts for the Linux version to see if it's missing
libraries or something.

Maybe some of you could help me by pointing me in the right direction?

-CL