Re: Line Hops

A 40KB limit is so very old school.

I wonder why my post was too large.  The .png was only 28KB and the rest was just text.

2009/1/10 waldbauernbub <waldbauernbub gmx at>
Michael Ross schrieb:
Steffen or anyone who knows the answer,

I posted a reply with an attachment to the message by Waldbauernbub, but I
see the attachment is not archived.  I thought the list was text only, but
apparently it is more sophisticated now.  However, it seems that attaching a
.png is not sufficient to get it into the message.

Hi Mike,
Thanks for your reply and your suggestion regarding line hops /breaking lines. Your attachment arrived there is a link to the picture at the bottom of your post
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2009-January/msg00026.html
direct link to the attachment:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2009-January/pngEJoWAsua2B.png

@ Jeffrey: check the proposal of mike regarding line hops, too.

@ mail size: I think there is a size limit of 40KB for the dia-list. Mails exceeding this limit need the list moderators approval. Below an automatic repose to an attempt to send a larger mail:
Your mail to 'dia-list' with the subject

    Re: Line Hops

The reason it is being held:

    Message body is too big: 73420 bytes with a limit of 40 KB

Any idea what I should do in the future to get attachments to work?  Is the
size limit of messages set too small for the list?  I seem to recall a
warning about my message being held up for approval because it was a few KB
too large, but that may have been a message to another list.

My message was regarding line hops, not line breaks so it would be pertinent
to Jeffery's query.

Mike

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 7:53 AM, Steffen Macke <sdteffen gmail com> wrote:

                   Michael E. Ross
ArcAngle Design | MX Automation | Solco US
=================================
Bachelor of Science Mechanical Engineering
  Machine & Product Design - SolidWorks
    Data Acquisition & Control - LabVIEW
      Finite Element Analysis - Cosmos

              217 Valley Creek Drive