Re: shapes and anchors

Thank you for your answer,

I just read §5.4 Shape Libraries from http://projects.gnome.org/dia/docs.html
I think I can add some connection points to some shapes of the network4dia.tgz

I guess we should track the work on a dedicated bug in the dia bug tracker.
Do you know if there already is an open bug for this new shape package?

We probably should contact Jean Cartier http://www.jcartier.net/spip.php?article39 in order to see if he is interested to help us? Do you have his contact?

Since I have very no ideas about which shapes just needs connection points addition and which shapes requires much deeper work (inkscape). I propose you or maybe people like Thomas Harding help me in the bug tracker in order to do some triaging about the shapes.

If you have some tutorials which explain a little bit what you mean by "some icons are small in the middle of a huge empty space => need to crop them to the size of the icon - some icons have incorrect outlines, meaning  that some lines do not cross well" that would help me because I am very new and do not really understand what wa have to do? an example of fixed shape would be great!

What do you think about this approach? Please feel free to contact me.

Laurent

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 2:42 PM, Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) <bochecha fedoraproject org> wrote:
Hi,

> I found a "visio" like shape here
> http://www.nicolargo.com/blogdata/network4dia.tgz

Those icons were created by Jean Cartier:
http://openclipart.org/media/people/jcartier (give credit where credit is due ;)

I already initiated a discussion about including those icons in Dia in
July 2008, but after some time, the thread died.

What got out of it is that the icons are really nice, that everybody
was willing to have them in Dia, but that they first needed some work:
- some icons are small in the middle of a huge empty space => need to
crop them to the size of the icon
- some icons have incorrect outlines, meaning that some lines do not cross well

This represents a large amount of work, so if you would like to do it,
grab your inkscape and go :)

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2008-July/thread.html
(the thread was called "About Dia shapes")

Regards,