Re: dia-0.97-pre2 - get it while it is hot;)

On Mon, 2009-02-16 at 08:57 +0100, Hans Breuer wrote:
At 16.02.2009 07:07, Octavio Alvarez wrote:
[...]
I have found two issues so far:

1. [At least] using the new integrated UI, clicking File > Preferences,
[[ OK ]], File > Preferences = crash.

Need to look more closely, at first glance the second innvocation of
File/Preferences works for me (at least with the standard UI).

More details:

Here it happens with either standard or integrated UI, but it does not
happen on either if I press Escape instead of clicking [[ OK ]].

Version: 0.97-pre2
Compiled with: --enable-gnome --with-cairo --prefix=`pwd`/.local/

2. Exporting to cairo-alpha-png doesn't ask for the rendered dimensions.

Only one export filter has the extra dialog to select the rendered
dimensions: libart-png. For every other exporter the page->scale is
influencing the output size.

What if page is set to fit 1 x 1 for easier printing? I do most (if not
all) of my diagrams this way. (Those are network diagrams). A DPI
setting would be very useful.

And a question: How is the new File > Preferences > Favorites option
used? I understood it as "the default export for PNG files" but in the
saving dialog I still have to explicitly choose cairo-alpha-png. A grep
to doc/en didn't find any results on "cairo-alpha" or "favorite".

Yeah, the manual is still describing 0.96. The favorites preferences is
only in effect when you use "Determine file type: by extension".

Thank you very much.