Re: Aligning text along an ARC

At 05.02.2009 18:52, Michael Ross wrote:
Nope.  WYSIWYG  You can make text using the Text function and there are no
secrets to be found.

You might want to look at other programs that can do that make a screen dump
and import the arced text as an image.

I have done that in CAD systems, but not with Dia, Gimp, or Inkscape the
open source drawing, picture and photo editing programs I use.  I think it
is a *very *non-trivial bit of programming to implement such a thing.

I will be interested to see what other say about this.

Given the new "Standard - Outline" object already using cairo it should not be too difficult to create e.g. some plug-in (maybe even with pycairo) or a new DiaObject to produce something like shown in http://mces.blogspot.com/2008/11/text-on-path-with-cairo.html

To integrate such with all the text handling in Dia or even the "Standard - Text" object would indeed be "*very *non-trivial bit of programming" ;-)