Re: dia-list Digest, Vol 64, Issue 9

Timothy,

Steffen is the best person to talk about this.  Most of what I had discovered has been ammended on
Dia's website.  The rest you can make your own judgement about.

Did I forget to correct anything?

As Timothy was able to compiled based on the available instructions, I
hope that they are sufficient.
Basic understanding of C, includes, compiler, etc. is still required.
But without this knowledge, the ability
to build Dia should have no value to you. In case there are problems,
please share them so that
we can further improve the instructions.

Rodrigo,

do you plan to make Dia work with Python 2.6?

Definitely.
If you would take the time to search the mailing list and/or commit
messages, you would
see that this question has been asked several times before. Hans has
commented on this issue
before and taken first steps in this direction. But please don't ask
for a timeframe.

I would like to point out once again that you can simply install
Python 2.3 in parallel to your 2.6 installation.

Also note that this is a Windows specific problem. E.g. on Linux Dia
uses Python 2.6 without problems.

Regards,

Steffen