Re: Accel Keys don't work if Menu-bar is enabled

James McDonald wrote:
I have been trying to insert a text object in a drawing. The toolbox says I can press ALT+T to get a text object. The menu bar says SHIFT+ALT+T. Neither combination works.

The only time it worked was when I went into preferences and delected "Use menu bar" and then I could use SHIFT+ALT+T to get a text object.

What is the secret to using the Accelarator keys. I have been into menurc and uncommented the appropriate line thinking it may enable it to be used even when the menu bar is there but no go.

I can't imagine that having the menu bar visible and using the accel keys are mutually exclusive.

I am using dia 0.96.1 on Ubuntu 8.04 ( package dia-0.96.1-5ubuntu2 ) on the xubuntu (XFCE4) variant.

Just tried to use the SHIFT+ALT+T on Windows XP Pro SP2 and the same problem non functional Accel keys. I am wondering if this is a Regional problem. I have my computers set up for Australia with US keyboard layout ( linux is LANG=en_AU.UTF-8) does anyone else know why the accel keys don't work?