Re: Newbie: UML Class Properties window unusable on laptop

On Mon, 2008-09-22 at 09:34 -0400, Zembower, Kevin wrote:
Evan, thanks so much for that suggestion. I didn't know about that in
GNOME. Unfortunately, it didn't work exactly to solve my problem.
Holding down Alt while dragging inside the window allows me to move it
side-to-side, so it seems like it's working as you describe. However, it
won't allow me to move it up above the bottom edge of the top panel, so
I still can't move it up enough to reach the buttons on the bottom.

Thanks, anyhow, for trying to help and for teaching me a new trick. I
appreciate your response.

In my version of Gnome (Ubuntu 8.04) it does, if you grab the window
further down so that the mouse doesn't have to move too far up.  Also,
Alt+Middle button drag allows you to resize the window anywhere. These
are some of the things I really miss when I'm on a Mac.

I usually map these to use Super (the Windows key) instead of Alt, so
that all window-related stuff uses the Windows key, appropriately.

-Lars