Re: Accel Keys don't work if Menu-bar is enabled

On Sun, 2008-09-21 at 22:05 +1000, James McDonald wrote:
I have been trying to insert a text object in a drawing. The toolbox
says I can press ALT+T to get a text object. The menu bar says
SHIFT+ALT+T. Neither combination works.

The only time it worked was when I went into preferences and delected
"Use menu bar" and then I could use SHIFT+ALT+T to get a text object.

What is the secret to using the Accelarator keys. I have been into
menurc and uncommented the appropriate line thinking it may enable it to
be used even when the menu bar is there but no go.

I can't imagine that having the menu bar visible and using the accel
keys are mutually exclusive.

I am using dia 0.96.1 on Ubuntu 8.04 ( package dia-0.96.1-5ubuntu2 ) on
the xubuntu (XFCE4) variant.

In the menu bar mode and integrated UI mode, they have been stolen by
the object alignment actions, but the gimp style mode does not have
that. In SVN, the toolbox shortcuts can probably be turned into
something easier now that text editing is a separate mode.

-Lars