Re: the UML ClassDialog v/s the generic Dia properties dialog

On 11/26/08, Young, Robert <Robert Young dsto defence gov au> wrote:

Sorry to butt in on the conversation, but it sounds to me like a
separation between "style" and "properties". Or "display style" and
"Object-specific data"?

Yes it certainly does. And I have a feeling that the "split" will
eventually boil down to a style v/s content split. The only thing is
that for new we are just talking about the nature of properties and it
would be premature to presume that style v/s content is the only kind
of split possible.

I like the idea of separating all the objects "style" properties - it
allows for applying a consistent style to all objects - maybe in future
styles could be defined like in a word processor and then applied to
objects.

A lot of people are eager to see this feature in Dia. But that would
be a huge task. Any incremental change that takes a little further in
that direction is of course welcome!

Sameer.
--
http://www.it.iitb.ac.in/~sameerds/