Re: problem with xsltproc when compiling

Quoting Sameer Sahasrabuddhe <sameerds gmail com>:
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/sameerds/trunk/doc/fr'
xsltproc --novalid
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl
dia.dbk >dia.1
error : Unknown IO error

I am guessing that the "Unknown IO error" is the fact that I am
sitting behind a firewall with an authenticating HTTP proxy. Or maybe
the http URL is simply an identifier that xsltproc is supposed to use
when looking up relevant catalog, and I might be missing that catalog
or the relevant entry.

How do I fix this?

The call to xsltproc should definitively have "--nonet" in it. Your
build system must have the DocBook XSL stylesheets installed, however.
The http://... should only be used as a "key" to the build systems
XML catalog. On a Debian system (same for Ubuntu and friends), you
have to "apt-get install docbook-xsl".