Re: Rounded corners

Quoth Hans Breuer:
Am 30.05.2008 09:51, Don Blaheta schrieb:
Yes!  I didn't realise that JOIN_MITER and so forth were already-available
options, but having a single parameter for all objects-with-corners that
said whether to render it as pointy or round would be pretty much what I
was hoping for before I got carried away with the separate radius stuff.

But this still does not solve the problem of small radius not being
rendered well with DiaGdkRenderer. And it is not consistent with what other
renderers currently do. I'm using the cairo renderer as my reference here
because cairos main goal is consistent high quality output for different
output devices. See: http://cairographics.org/

I'd seen a lot of reference to Cairo in the code and ChangeLog, and
gathered that it was the direction Dia was headed (just for export
formats, or also for realtime display?)---good to read their homepage
for their goals and perspectives.

But I don't understand your second sentence here: it looks like Cairo
has exactly this way of breaking down line joins (into mitre, bevel,
round).  In fact, now that I'm looking for it, I see that most objects
are already using set_linejoin in a lot of places; is it just not
working?  I guess I just need to explore the code some more.

--
-=-Don Blaheta-=-=-blahedo blahedo org-=-=-=-<http://www.blahedo.org/>-=-
"The algorithm to do that is extremely nasty.  You might want to mug