Re: Dia for mac

Hi Michael,

Am Montag, den 17.03.2008, 16:21 +0100 schrieb MichaÃl LambÃ:
I'm working on macintosh and I would like to know if it's possible to
use DIA on MAC OS X ?

Do you have a special package, it is possible to compile it for this
platform ?

Imendio have put a lot of energy in providing GTK+ for MacOS X. We have
instructions for building GTK+ on MacOS X on our developer site [1]. If
you are familiar with jhbuild, you should be able to get it working
within half a day (depending on the compile-speed of your machine). If
you're not, you should be able to do that within a weekend. It's not
really hard, (from my memory - if it's not 100% correct, read the page)
you basically just install xcode (provides gcc, etc.) and ports (to be
able to install svn, maybe perl) and then you can build the rest with
jhbuild.

Once you have GTK+ installed you can do this:
jhbuild shell # to set up the environment for compiling dia
svn co <dia-svn-trunk-url> dia
cd dia
autogen.sh, configure, make, make install
be happy :-)

[1] http://developer.imendio.com/projects/gtk-macosx

Regards,
  Sven

PS: Good luck with your work. At Imendio we're currently focusing on
getting and easy-to-install GTK+ for the mac working, so keep on looking
at this page for more information.