Re: dia-svn: "make install" behaves inappropiate

stefan-husmann t-online de wrote:
Hello,

since a few days the svn sources baehave inappropiate
strange, the change which may be causing this was added yesterday, but if you get`it since a few days I have no idea:)

did your run  ./autogen.sh ?

2008-06-22  Hans Breuer  <hans breuer org>

        [Patch from Thomas Harding improving the documentation generation]
        * doc/*/hardcopies.makefile : moved to $(top) directory
        * hardcopies.make : now uses dblatex or fallback on jw
          (jade/openjade wrapper).
        * doc/*/README.hardcopies : removed, now handled by configure
        * configure.in : check for and do documentation generation when
          given --with-hardbooks
        * doc/**/*.xml : dropping HTML entities, making dia-1.xml
          independent from dia-cmdline.xml, dropping file extension from
          graphics
        * doc/*dia-dbk-to-chapter.sed: removed leftovers from previous
          doc patch (was too fragile)
        * doc/html/images/caution.svg
          doc/html/images/important.svg
          doc/html/images/note.svg
          doc/html/images/tip.svg
          doc/html/images/prev.svg
          doc/html/images/home.svg
          doc/html/images/next.svg
          doc/html/images/warning.svg
          doc/html/images/up.svg
          doc/html/css/dia.css: new files - images for admonitions and
          callouts (for html version)
        * doc/fr/dia.xml: switched encoding to utf8 (more versatile for
          inexperienced maintainers (needs no entities for specific
          glyphs such as ISO entity "oelig" or "laquo"...)
        * doc/pl/*.xml: updated some from *.sgml, corrected encoding to
          iso-8859-2.  Corrected graphics "filetype" attribute to
          uppercase "PNG".
        * Adding Changelog-tmp, which may be dropped at any time.
        * doc/*/dia-*.omf: make indexation really works with
          scrollkeeper (which extends omf format). Now yelp shows
          dia manual in its TOC/whatever.

        * doc/(en|fr)/dia-cmdline.xml : added from my working copy, not sure
        where it came from ;) The 'fr' version needs translation.
        * doc/Makefile.am : temporary disabled due to build problems
        * doc/*/*.dia : svn mv doc/en/dia.dia ../samples/Self/
          svn rm fr/dia.dia - there is no relation to the rest of docs
        * doc/hardcopies.make : don't (un)install-examples

if I try to create
a package for distribution. The "make install" step seems not to be
aware of a --DESTDIR=.. switch or something fulfilling a similar task
anymore.

/bin/sh ../../mkinstalldirs /usr/share/doc/dia/en/examples
mkdir -p -- /usr/share/doc/dia/en/examples
mkdir: kann Verzeichnis »/usr/share/doc/dia« nicht anlegen: Keine
Berechtigung
make[3]: *** [install-examples] Fehler 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/opt/abs/maintained_by_me/dia-svn/src/dia-build/doc/en'
make[2]: *** [install-am] Fehler 2
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/opt/abs/maintained_by_me/dia-svn/src/dia-build/doc/en'
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Fehler 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/opt/abs/maintained_by_me/dia-svn/src/dia-build/doc'
make: *** [install-recursive] Fehler 1
==> FEHLER: Build fehlgeschlagen.

Sincerely Stefan