Re: Question about handles

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 19:50:40 +0200, Andrew M. Botros wrote
i am sure i didn't bring any standard lines by mistake, because
i tried this several times, and i actually tried connecting 2
standard boxes with a standard line...

which yelded :
Handle num 0
Connected to: Standard - Line
Handle num 1
Connected to: Standard - Line

i don't think this was the problem.

Please, can you send one of those  diagrams?
Where do you look to get information about connections? It seems to me that
that information is not as complete as the information you can get by looking
at the file.

I apologize for beeng insistent with these ideas; I beleive they are right for
diagrams up to Dia's version 0.96.1 and I hope  there will be no important
changes about this.
I've attached a compressed diagram "line.dia" with just six objects; all  six
are Standard - lines; yes, we can see only four lines but there are six:
 O0 and O1 are horizontal lines;
 O2 is a vertical line;
 O3 is a blue line;
 O4 is a green line which is seen ....(not seen) at the middle point of the
blue line
 O5 is a red line which is seen .....as a very tiny point at about (14,7)

Standard -lines have always 2 handlers at their end points; and at least 1
connection point (User can add connection points to a Standard - Line;
connection points are evenly distributed between the two end points). I did
not add connection points to any of the Standard - Lines so all of them have
just one connection point at its middle point, connection point number 0.

According to the file, only two objects have their handlers joined;
----------------------------------
   for object 02:
       <dia:connections>
        <dia:connection handle="0" to="O0" connection="0"/>
        <dia:connection handle="1" to="O1" connection="0"/>
      </dia:connections>
its two handlers are connected: one to object O0 and the other to object O1
----------------------------------
   for object O4:
      <dia:connections>
        <dia:connection handle="0" to="O3" connection="0"/>
        <dia:connection handle="1" to="O3" connection="0"/>
      </dia:connections>
  its two  handlers are connected; both to O3, connection 0.
that means that both ends of line are at same place, at middle point of object
o3 and that is the reason we can't see it.
(by touching and moving the point at (14,7) we can make the red line visible;
 by touching and moving the "point" at the middle of the blue line we can make
the red line visible)
I apologize again and wish you luck ...