RE: Need some features into UML diagrams

Hi,

I wrote a similar tool some time ago (http://sourceforge.net/projects/dia2fsm/) called dia2fsm, please feel free to look through the source if an idea of my own approach is helpful and ask me any questions you wish. It's not the most up to date source, but the dia file parser has not changed much.

I concur that the shapes are not ideally provisioned in their attributes for this sort of operation, but I also feel that our needs in this respect are very much secondary to the main objective of providing an outstanding diagramming tool.

Careful choice and use of the available shapes does provide, in my view, an adequate if slightly incongruous choice of attributes to use to store the detail we need.

Kind regards

Damien Golding