Re: feature request: horizontal/vertical lines

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 4:18 AM, Hans Breuer <hans breuer org> wrote:

Again: could you be more specific? Although there are "many objects" in the
UML set which are oddly sized (by their content), the only one where I
occasionaly have the described problem is the UML Lifeline. But there it is
possible to align the connectors by adjusting the number of connection
points.

I think this is a general problem, not just limited to UML objects.
Consider two boxes of the same size one below the other, with two
connectors on each side, i.e., each side is divided into three equal
parts by the connectors. If you want to connect the left connector on
the bottom of the top box, and the right connector on the top of the
bottom box, alignment is of no help. As a work around, what I do in
this case is create small anchor objects that I can align vertically,
and then either delete them or hide them somehow.

Sameer.
--
http://www.it.iitb.ac.in/~sameerds/