Re: A couple of possible additions to Dia?

On 12-Dec-08, at 12:42 AM, Sameer Sahasrabuddhe wrote:

On 12/11/08, Cong Kien Dang <kiendc gmail com> wrote:

I would like to develop the mathematical function drawing ability. First idea is that we define an object named Mathematical function like image object. Next, in the properties dialog associated with this object, we
provide the fields to specify the function, the style ...

By this, do you mean the facility to write mathematical equations and
symbols in Dia? Most likely the correct way to do that is using LaTeX
markup within a text box. I don't know the current state of LaTeX
support in Dia, but I would love to see such a feature.

No I mean that Dia can draw function graph like gnu plot. But we consider all function graph like an object. In the properties dialog, the user specify the function such as sin(x), x range, y range. The function graph is showed in a rectangle like an object
Kien

Now I don't know how to begin, anyone can show me some step to define a new object, how to create a properties dialog and a button in toolbar associated
with this object.

I think the best place to start would be the source code. Download the
source and look inside the "objects" directory ... that contains part
of the stuff needed to create existing objects.

Sameer.
--
http://www.it.iitb.ac.in/~sameerds/