Re: A couple of possible additions to Dia?

Hi John,

thanks for your feedback!

bugzilla.gnome.org is the best place to store your Dia ideas in such a
way that they do not
get forgotten. Remember to search the existing issues before posting new ones.

1. Ability to change the scale of the canvas - so, for example, if I wanted
to make an architectural drawing, I might want the scale to be in meters
instead of centimeters, or possibly in feet/inches instead of metric. And of
course, depending on what I was drawing, I might want quite a small scale.
So I'd like to be able to specify both the scale and the units.

Nothing prevents you from drawing things in meters. I know that this
is not what people know
from CAD software, but it also keeps out some complexity.

2. A dimension line - architectural drawings frequently show dimensions -
e.g.

A dimension line has already been implemented in the current SVN version and
will be part of Dia 0.97 (You find it in the Misc sheet).

Regards,

Steffen