Re: Dia Automatic Layouting

Both files work for me on Ubuntu 8.04. Sure you've got the Theora codec installed?

Nick Moore

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 9:19 PM, Hans Breuer <hans breuer org> wrote:
Am 04.08.2008 01:08, Fred Morcos schrieb:

Dear All,

Here [1] is a screencast of the work I've been doing.
I would love to see this but it does not work for me neither on win32 (XP) nor on Linux(Ubuntu 8.04). Is this just me or may the files be broken?

I will have a
patch ready soon (still some rough edges to be polished). Two problems
remains though, the first is "Differentiating between normal objects
and connectors", it only works with the "Standard - *" because I'm
still stuck with string comparison.
Rather than trying to explain just once more I'll try to provide a patch to your patch then ;-)

The other problem is that I can't
figure out a way for the "Undo" feature to revert "all" of the changes
made by the algorithm in one step.
If you have partial undo working maybe there is just an undo_set_transactionpoint() missing?

We can discuss these problems in detail when I send out the patch.

Yes, show us the source ;)

I am devoted to maintaining and developing this feature until it is perfected.

I would like to deeply thank all of the people on the mailing list who
helped me out with Dia and thus achieving my bachelor thesis.

Congratulations ;-)
       Hans

get along without it.                -- Dilbert