Re: Odp: Windows diagram editor not visible

Am 18.04.2008 17:46, Maciej Jaros schrieb:
Dnia 18-04-2008 o godz. 17:28 Tom Cooper napisa³(a):
This may be a totally st00p1d question, but I installed dia 0.96.1 on XP
and I don't see the  "diagram editor" window, nor do I see any way to
activate it.
Don't know what you mean by "diagram editor window"
I also see two windows in the taskbar - one labeled dia 0.96.1
The toolbox and ...
and the other labeled diagram.dia.
... the diagram editing window.
I can only ever maximize the one labeled diagram.dia.

Both should be maximizable although it does not make much sense for the toolbox. If you can activate the toolbox there is File/Preferences/"Use menubar" to have a menubar on every diagram window. (But I think this is the default from the installer.)

Can anyone comment as to how I may change the config so that the diagram
editor window is visible?

If you are refering to some integrate GUI you recently heard of, that will only be available with dia 0.97 ...

I'm using Dia on XP regulary and never had any problems. Maybe you should install Service packs for it? You may also try to create a new diagram.

I don't think Service Packs will have any influence on Dia's appearance.

The thing to look at is the log file written to %TEMP%\dia--0.96.1.log
It may contain useful information if something does not work as expected.

        Hans