Odp: Patch for Delete key behavior (for dia-0.96.1)

Dnia 22-09-2007 o godz. 0:42 Ondrej Mikle napisał(a):
Hello.

I send a patch for the Delete key behavior in Dia. It is remapped to
Ctrl+Delete (or remap it some other suitable shortcut), since a lot of
people find it annoying that pressing Delete while editing text deletes
the object.

It seems that different person chose Delete key for menu and other
person wrote the text_key_event (lib/text.c:795) -- if Delete is not
grabbed by menu, pressing Delete while editing text behaves as one would
expect.

Also, menus_init() (at app/menus.c:465, where ~/.dia/menurc shortcuts
are set up) is called before menus_initialize_updatable_items
(app/menus.c:768), which makes Dia ditch all user-chosen settings in the
menurc file.

Those are just minor nuisances, but fixing the delete key behavior makes
working with Dia much more comfortable.

That's great! Thanks :). That's one of the first things I change after
installing Dia (change delete to ctrl+delete). Most GUI programs I know
simply disable the delete key when user is editing some text. I'm not
sure if that is what you did, but if you did - that's even better :).

Best wishes,
Nux.

"Kobieta nie jest grzechem" książka Katarzyny Wiśniewskiej
o prostytucji oraz o drodze odkrywania powołania.
Już w księgarniach!
http://klik.wp.pl/?adr=http%3A%2F%2Fadv.reklama.wp.pl%2Fas%2Fgrzech.html&sid=33