Formats /flowcharts

I'm working with Graph::Easy[1] to define a series of flowcharts. I'd
like to stick with Graph::Easy because it is, um, easy. It is easy to
organize data and define styles, mostly, and easy to keep my data
structured neatly.

Graph::Easy's layouter, however, has enough limitations that I do really
need to move the output into a gui tool to organize the layouts for
printing.

I can output either graphML or SVG (as well as a few other less useful
formats like ASCII and HTML), but I can't seem to figure out whether or
how to import this output into dia.

I can pull the SVG output into Inkscape[2] and ungroup the collection of
shapes and arrows that make up the charts, but Inkscape doesn't (unless
I'm missing something?) understand nodes and lines in a particularly
helpful way. I can place the SVG output in Dia, but only as a single
image, not as a collection of many images, and Dia doesn't seem to
recognize the SVG data as a group that could be ungrouped.

Has anyone worked with GraphML output in Dia? Is there something I could
be doing to help Dia read SVG files better?

thanks,
Amanda

[1] http://bloodgate.com/perl/graph/manual/
[2] http://www.inkscape.org/