WMF/EMF and VSD/VSS import

Hello,

I would like to inform you about my projects that I hoped could be
interesting for Dia developers. Sorry if I mailed to the wrong list.

I made some research of MS Visio binary file formats (VSD/VSS).
The results are available in the docs and src of vsdump
(http://freshmeat.net/projects/vsdump),

In about 2 weeks I'm going to release a pygtk/cairo-based VSD viewer
which will be able to save as SVG.

To support VSD and VSS files one need to support WMF and EMF, because
- Visio version 6 (Visio2k and 2k2) stores images wrapped into those formats
- many 'commercial' stencils are made of WMF and/or EMF files
(eg Cisco Systems, EMC, Nortel, IBM, Xerox, Avaya to name some).

I found that support of WMF is poor over FOSS projects and EMF is
supported only (?) by OO.org.
So far I made a player for WMF and EMF files (EMF+ is not supported
yet). It's available here: http://freshmeat.net/projects/pymfvu.

As I can see Dia have no support for WMF or EMF.
So if you are interested to support VSD/VSS import, it would be right
to implement WMF/EMF support for Dia first.

[I'm not a dia-list subscriber, CC if your reply is supposed to be read by me]

--
Cheers,
Valek