Re: screen layout differs from print layout

On 10.09.2007 17:06, Jonny at Roggenbuck.de wrote:
Example of my problem: I composed a document with two  images which are
overlapping (background picture and a picture above). Both are embedded
objects, both are transparent png.

On screen everything looks fine, but printout shows a white box for the
image on the top layer. THis normaly indicates that this image had no
tranparency, hich is not true, because ist´s ok on the screen.

Any idea?

Yes, your screen supports transparency. And your printer does not.
In fact the output depends on the specific intermediate format implmented
for printing. For win32 printing this is currently WMF which does not
support transparency as far as I know.
But I expect the same problem for printing through Postscript (the Linux way).
In principle this could be solved by using the cairo backend which at least
gets the alpha channel of the images through. Unfortuanetly it currently
does position it right at the moment.

Using win 2000 and dia 0.96.1

You should probably enter this bug to bugzilla choosing a more specific
subject like "transparency not preserved during printing".

        Hans