Re: bug in object IDs ? O vs 0

24 okt 2007 kl. 05.03 skrev Lars Clausen:

brian remedios said:
I'm working on a Dia diagram generator and I noticed that the object IDs
being generated seem numerical but instead of
a leading zero they are prefixed with an 'O' (the letter) instead:

<dia:object type="Geometric - Perfect Circle" version="0" id="O1">

Is this a typo in the code or intentional? It doesn't seem to change per
any of the basic object types so I'm not sure why
Dia does this. It would be better as a pure integer I think.

That is intentional, though probably a poor choice.  It's an internal
identifier within the XML file only (for connections), and the O stands
for Object.

Also, it cannot be a pure integer, since this would violate the XML standard. Id attributes have to start with a letter or one of the characters _ or :.
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xml-20060816/#NT-Name

                - Mårten
mail: msv kth se *** ICQ: 4356928 *** mobile: +46 (0)707390385