Re: revamping the undo infrastructure in Dia

On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 11:23 +0530, Sameer Sahasrabuddhe wrote:
On 10/23/07, Lars Clausen <lars raeder dk> wrote:

The selected objects properties and open groups are not top priority
right now.  Getting the integrated UI finished and the edit mode into
a reasonable shape is all that I see as really required on the new
feature front.  Then there's the bugs...

Neither of "integrated UI" and "text edit mode" are up my alley. I
think "cleaning the undo system" as you put it, and the PROP_LIST work
seem closer to whatever I currently understand about the Dia code.
Will continue to look at those. I also have a pet project that keeps
sticking its head out ... full Gtk2 compliance!

The PROP_LIST work is definitely something for a person who understands
the properties system.  If we can get it working, the UML class can
finally be fully propertized.  It's just a question of working out how
to keep track of the offsets.

is to have one or two more releases with features, then release 1.0
being only bugfixes and fine-tuning.  If that comes true, we will
manage to not have to make version 0.100!

There should be a release that concentrates on user experience and
small functionalities that can go a long way. For example, these two
bugs:

I agree, but I don't think it's time yet.  Of course, patches are always
welcome, but I'd like to give the main attention to the showblockers
mention above.

-Lars