Re: pdf export / scaling - got lost

On  3 Oct, Lars Clausen wrote:
Helmut Jarausch said:
Hi,

I'm very new to Dia which looks very promising to me.
Yet, I don't understand Scaling and exporting to PDF.

Under Page Setup I have Scale:55.0 .
When I export as an .eps file which is used
within a TeX-file, I get a result which I expected.
(Surprisingly the Scaling applies to exporting, as well).
When I now use a (common) Perl script 'epstopdf'
I can use resulting .pdf file within pdftex without problems.

But when I export directly from Dia to a .pdf file, and
using that under pdftex, the image is shift to the left
(out of the page).

What am I missing?

What you need to do is share your PDF exporter, as Dia doesn't come with
one.

Really?
Here, with Dia 0.96 (even SVN) I can say EXPORT, I select the
extension .pdf and leave the pull down menu "Determine file type:"
at the preset value "By extension".
And it does export to a .pdf file.

Helmut.

--