Re: connecting objects

On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 00:35 -0800, c l wrote:
I am using Dia 0.96.1 on a Linux machine.

I am using the UML modelization and I drew several 'Large packages'.
Then I put different 'Classes' in the large packages.

I can connect classes in the same package 'Aggregation'.
I can connect classes from different packages 'Generaliztion'.

But how can I connect classes from different packages 'Aggregation' ?

You're falling prey to over-eager parenting.  In 0.96.1 (but not in
current SVN), when you place a connection in a parenting object like
'Large package', the connection becomes a child of that object and
cannot leave it.  You can select that object and select "Unparent" from
the Object menu.  You can also create the connection outside the
packages and connect it to the objects afterwards.

In current SVN, parenting is not checked until the object is finished
being dragged, so you can connect directly from from object inside a
parent to another.

-Lars