Re: Text rotation

On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 13:34 -0500, Michael Ross wrote:
I regularly move between programs to do what I want, but I would
prefer not to.  I often annotate graphs and photos - rotated text in
Dia would be nice.  Glad you like the idea too.   I only use Gimp for
the perspective function to square up scanned graphs.  I like Inkscape
better for graphics that don't involve shapes and diagramming
(Inkscape arrows are weak, but editing bezier is better).  I prefer
Dia for most of this.

Curious about the better bezier editing, will have to check that.

I wish I could drag and drop images,

Should be easy.

or better yet get them to update semi-automatically (an update
function that can be run with a keystroke or property action) after
tormenting them in other programs.

Should be easy with the dynobj system or fam where available.

I would like to make layers variably transparent.

That would require transparency support in the renderers to work right.
PostScript (and thus printing) is the big problem there.  If the
renderer's transparency got fixed, transparency by layer or by object
would be easy.

And get better control of the text.

Not easy, but on the way.  Hoping to replace the current thing with a
GtkEntry eventually.

I could quit updating to the next level then.  I would like to open up
Dia and stay in Dia.

I don't mean to start a thread about this.  Just running off at the
mouth.

There's a quick run-down of my estimates on those ideas.

-Lars