Re: problem with custom shape

On Thu, 2007-11-08 at 14:00 -0500, Michael Ross wrote:

Let me get this straight, if I make a shape 1 inch by 1 inch it will
come off the palette 2cm x 2cm?  If I make it within a 2cm x 2cm
frame, it will look the way I drew it when pulled from the pallette?

Yes.  It always scales to 2x2 cm, you can always scale it back.

Are you sure you were supposed to let that little secret out?

Oh, that's not a secret.  If you look into the shapes that come with
Dia, you'll notice that the coordinates vary a lot.  Back when shapes
were created by hand, it was useful to be able to use an arbitrary
coordinate system to keep track of your drawing.  Now that shapes are
mostly made in Dia or Inkscape or with other tools, it may be an idea to
add an option to respect the size.

-Lars