Re: [BULK] Re: batch file for dia execution under Windows

On Fri, 2007-05-11 at 09:25 -0400, Clyde Roby wrote:
Steffen,

My DOS batch file, which runs in an MS Command Prompt window, contains
over 3000 lines; each line is of the following general format:

       dia -e output.png -t png input.dia

If I understand Lars correctly, try

dia -t png input1.dia input2.dia input3.dia

to create

input1.png
input2.png
input3.png

That should drastically reduce the dia startup overhead.

The above assumes that the created .png files are in the same
directory as the input .dia files.  If the input .dia files are in a
different directory that where I want to place the created .png files,
would the following still reduce the dia startup overhead?

dia -t png inputdir\input1.dia inputdir\input2.dia -e outputdir

or should the command line be:

dia -t png inputdir\input1.dia inputdir\input2.dia -e outputdir\input1.png outputdir\input2.png

Neither will give you the desired effect.  When -e is given, it is
exactly the name of the output *file*.  I suppose it would be a nice
touch if it used the directory if such was given, but it doesn't at the
moment.  You'll just have to move the files after conversion.

-Lars