Re: tabbed interface

On Sat, 2007-04-28 at 01:48 -0500, Patrick Hallinan wrote:
Hi,

I have made some progress toward a tabbed interface for dia.  It's
optional, controlled by a "use integrated ui" option in the
preferences dialog.  I don't know how to send a patch.  I've attached
a diff of my changes synch'd to the latest svn checkin.

It's in a half broken state.  Maybe mostly broken.  I think the next
thing that I'm going to do is to synch the tab label to the diagram
filename.  I just want to make sure that there is interest in this.
I'm excited to do this if it is really going to be picked up by the
project.  I'm also happy to accept criticism/advice for the code.
BTW: I don't know how else to show the code unless I zip the files
(which I'd be happy to do).

I've committed your patch to SVN, I think it looks nice.  I think we can
take out the "use menubar" option when this is complete; I think there
is significant overlap between those who use menubar at the top and
those who want the integrated UI.  Getting the zoom box and snap widgets
back would be nice:)

-Lars