dia command line export needing X server

Hi all,

I've developped a small Mediawiki extension for dealing with Dia file. That is to say, it allows a user to upload a Dia file and integrate it into a mediawiki page. When viewing the page, the dia file is automatically converted to png for viewing.

It already works quite well. However it looks like the command line export of Dia require a that a X server run on the box. Obviously my mediawiki runs on a server without head and there is no Xserver running (actually it is a Xen virtual server, so virtually, there isn't even a graphic card). To circumvent this issue, I installed a virtual X server (Xvfb) and set the DISPLAY to use that X server. This issue reminds me of an the same requirement of Java AWT graphic toolkit a few years ago. The dependency has been removed since then. I hope it could be possible for Dia too.

Is the X server requirement is due to Gnome/Gtk+ framework or the dia package? Is there any way to use the command line functionality without running an X server?

Cheers,

Denis

PS : I'll be glad to share the mediawiki extension if anybody want it.

--

Denis Cardon
Tranquil IT Systems