Shape Sizes

Hi

Is there a way to set the default size for shapes when they are used, I'm creating some shapes and setting the sizes in the shape file but they are rescaled when I try to use them. For example a simple shape such as a rectangle is reduced to 2 units in height, but with a text box the size is increased?

Is this something that others have encountered or is this just standard in Dia?

Al.

The fish are biting.