Dia First Time User

Hi:

  I downloaded Dia and used it to create flowcharts for my MUD.  I saw that you look for feedback, so I am here to offer it.

1. The default size relationship of objects to page size is too large objects.  When I went to print it out, I could not believe how large the objects were in relation to the page size.  I still haven't figured out how to change the default page/grid relationship, so I have been working with Dia zoomed in to 200% (to see a page at a time in landscape), and have tuned the objects I use to font size .3 instead of the .8 default.

2. It would be nice to allow you to create 'pages' of diagrams, not just layers.  That way I could keep all my flowcharts in one file, but be able to quickly access any individual flowchart page.  The alternative is to put all the charts on one big diagram, but it would not be a simple matter to find what I was looking for in a huge diagram.

3. The PDF export exports only one page of the diagram.  My first diagram stretches over three pages.  PDF export should use the same paging mechanism as the printing mechanism.

4. The zigzagline and polyline do not have connectors like the basic line.  If possible, please add one connector per segment, and the ability to add more connectors.

5. Overall, I liked the tool.  It was simple enough for a beginner like me to use, and provided the basic functionality of joining objects and providing basic flowcharting tools.  For this I thank you.

Rich Gautier