Re: Metapost - text alignment

Young, Robert said:
G'Day,

I've just downloaded the latest Dia (previously using 0.94), and I've
noticed that the Metapost export horizontal alignment is a little
broken.

Looking at the code, it appears that it's due to the text line
improvements - Metapost is now told to left align all text and this
doesn't work well.

Sorry about that.  Good thing you noticed in time.

I'm willing to spend a little time trying to fix this.

Lars - should I implement a draw_text and draw_text_line method for the
Metapost export? Or what would you recommend?

I can't promise to make this "perfect", but I would like the centre,
left, and right aligned text to be honoured once again.

It would be an excellent idea to implement draw_text_line.  You should
then be able to drop draw_text entirely and have draw_string call
draw_text_line like in diagdkrenderer.

-Lars