Aligning center of circle to grid point?

How can I draw a circle so that its center is aligned with a grid point?
(I'm using snap-to-grid).

What I'm trying to achieve is a small black dot to put on intersections of lines. As the lines are usually drawn between grid points, the intersection will also be on a grid point.

As an aside, I'm not using the 'connection' shape because it has such a large "boundary" (not sure if that's the word). If the 'connection' shape could have a boundary that's closer to it's actual size I'd simply use that.

cheers
/Christian