Re: Messages between packages

On Thu, 2007-01-18 at 00:04 +0100, Sven Herzberg wrote:
Hey dudes,

  I'm just playing around with the UML features of Dia and I have some
questions:

I created these things:
      * Client: Package
              * Container: Class
                      * build_child(): Function
      * Server: Package
              * Factory: Class
                      * construct_child(): Function

What I'd like to do now, is to add a message from child_child() to
construct_child() as these functions are very closely related. This
doesn't work with Dia 0.95 (Ubuntu 6.10). I can only send messages
within packages. Is this intentional or a bug?

It's debatable if it's a bug or a feature, but I can see the problem.
Since you create the message within the package, the object gets
parented and so is force to stay within the package bounds.  What you
can do to get around it is to select Unparent from the Object menu.  The
correct fix would probably be to not parent new objects until initial
dragging is over.

-Lars