Re: Tabbed Usage

Aaron said:
Hi,
    I am currently using Dia 0.95 to assist in completing a college
Software
Development course which is mainly OO and the UML features in Dia are
brilliant! I am the only Linux user in a class of 25 and I am blowing
everyone away with the quality and simplicity of Dia in comparison with an
app like MS Visio. So far I have mastered the creation of Class diagrams
(superb method/attrib handling!), Use Case diagrams, Statechart diagrams
and
Sequence Diagrams. I have also managed to create templates for CRC Cards.
Can I say, well done, on creating such a good open-source diagram editing
tool. Your hard work is greatly appreciated. The only things I have missed
in my 60+ hours of usage are

+ Pre-build CRC card objects like the classes. (Please see attachment)

That's not entirely trivial to make, definitely would require some coding.

+ Tabbed organisation of open diagrams (Like Firefox's pages) and the
toolbox window all being in one consolidated environment. If this is
possible already can you please explain, how can I do this?

That is not currently possible, I'm afraid.  I'm loath to try to implement
such a thing myself, so it'll have to be based on what GTK offers.  What
I'd like is something like KDE's draggable subwindows, but possibly a
GtkNoteBook and the toolbox together in a window would be an alternative.
I'd like it to be user configurable in some other way than through
preferences, but that may be a little much.  Maybe the preferences setting
should be "Gimp-like UI" (menu on right mouse, loose windows) vs.
non-Gimp-like (menubar, one window with tabs).

-Lars