Re: Request to include your program on Open Source CD for University of Derby UK students

It doesn't help that Microsoft calls GPL a virus and uses FUD campaigns. :/

On 2/26/07, Branko Collin <collin xs4all nl > wrote:

On 26 Feb 2007 at 9:24, Martin Boegelund wrote:

> I don't see this as a discussion to change the license. As
> Matt states, it's just a question of management that doesn't
> "get" the GPL, so they send out people to ask if they can
> use this software.

Could just be unfamiliarity with the issue. A magazine publisher once
asked me for advice about the GPL; I told him that as long as he
distributed the lincese verbatim with the work, and as long as he
included the source code with the software or provided it on request,
he should be fine. Once he got that, the GPL seemed a lot less scary
to him.

--
branko collin
collin xs4all nl