=?UTF-8?Q?More=20sophisicated=20snapping=20options.?=

Hello list.

I have looked hard but haven't found following
option in dia:
ability to specify object's "snap by" point
on global/per object basis.

Where "snap by" is point on the object that
snaps to grid when snap-to-grid is enabled.

Currently snap-by is top-left corner.
With this setting, diagrams with snapping
enabled looks unattractive to me.

What I would love to have in dia is an ability
to snap to grid by center of the object (for starters),
or ideally by nearest connection point.

Again I am not talking about snapping to object
but snapping to grid.

I would like to hear from you if there is possibility
that such feature would be implemented in the future.

Thank you for your attention.
Best regards.

PS
Excuse my poor grammar.