Re: Can't get TeX math to work

I looked at render_pgf.c. A number of issues.

(1) The code is always TeX-escaping the text.
(2) For center-aligned text, mine always shows up with anchor=west, implying that the code never encounters case ALIGN_CENTER.
(3) There's no anchor=center for case ALIGN_CENTER.

It looks like I'll be manually editing the output .tex.

At the very least, I suggest updating the FAQ entries on the TeXification.

Yang qn10q6w02-at-sneakemail.com |dia| wrote:
I've been trying more things over the past few days, to no avail. With PGF, I get the exact same problem: the TeX is not being interpreted.

Inspecting the output .tex, I see that Dia is explicitly quoting the $ into \$. Why? How do I simply ask it to *not* do that?

IIRC from using Dia once many moons ago, I could somehow specify from within Dia whether I wanted a certain text object to be rendered as TeX. However, I can no longer find such options anywhere.

(The problem with MetaPost seems to be that I cannot leverage the macros, etc. that are available from my TeX files. But anyway I imagine that the output wouldn't be any different given the above.)

Yang

Rob McDonald rob.a.mcdonald-at-......... |dia| wrote:
I've had the best luck including Dia documents in LaTeX using the
MetaPost export capability.  Check the archives for a number of
discussions on how to get it to work well.  Searching for my name will
help, it is just about the only subject I pop in on.

     Rob