Dia involvement in ODF?

I go to openoffice.org and read the news there from time to time and I
keep seeing ODF pop up. I am curious if the dia developers are
participating in talks with the ODF format?
Reason I ask is as follows. Dia's format is almost perfectly
understandable as is. I can go in and read the XML (after gunziping it
of course) and understand the position size and other attributes with
little to no understanding of dia. Also I love the indentions in the
format it makes it easy following objects. I would love for the ODF to
contain some of these wonderful features employed in the dia program.
Also I would like full compatibility with dia diagrams between apps
such as dia and openoffice and the like :-)