Re: docbook: link [was: Bug 455400]

On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 05:01:49PM -0700, Mark Dexter wrote:
Hi. I'm try to link to a specific section in a different xml file in
DocBook. The specific example is: I'm inside usage-objects-basic.xml and am
trying to link to a specific section in usage-objects.xml.

I can link to the top of the document with the following:

For tips on editing text, see
   <link linkend="objects-chapter"> Entering Text</link>.

where usage-objects.xml has <chapter label="4" id="objects-chapter">

I can't figure out how to link to a specific section in usage-obejcts.xml,
and I can't find any examples on the web. If anyone knows, please let me
know. Thanks. Mark

Links are done on "id" attributes, (hopefully) not matter what element
it is.

Simply give an id to the specifific element you want to link to,
eg <sect3 id="my-section">; then do the link as typed above.

--
Thomas Harding