RE: News on the text rendering front

You're the MAN! Well done!

-----Original Message-----
From: dia-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:dia-list-bounces gnome org] On
Behalf Of Lars Clausen
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2006 1:20 PM
To: discussions about usage and development of dia
Subject: Re: News on the text rendering front

On Tue, 2006-09-05 at 20:34 +0200, Lars Clausen wrote:
The last couple of weeks, I have been working on secret text rendering
stuff, trying out various things I had hoped would work to improve the
quality and speed.  To that end, I have introduced a new object,
called
TextLine, which comprises a single line of text with its font and
height
and possibly some cached information.

A little visualization of my fonty happiness is attached, shows before
and after pictures of eps (Latin-1) rendering that I have just converted
to use text_line.  The new functionality is not 100% perfect, but it's a
damn sight better.

*happy dance*

-Lars