Re: dynamic tool locking

Jani Kajala sagde:
Thanks for your answers! The text and the shift solutions worked very
well.

(btw. The reason I didn't notice separate Paste Text: Usually in Win32
copypaste is control/field focus specific in applications, so if you paste
when edit box is active, you get a paste to the edit box... I'm not sure
in
what kind of scenario someone would like to paste text if no text edit
field
is axtive, but maybe I'm not following what's happening in other OSs so I
might be wrong as well)

Yes, it ought to be that way in Dia, too, but the text input system does
not separate text input from ordinary object handling, so we had to
distinguish copying/paste of text from copy/paste of objects.  We have
plans to make text input use a real input widget rather than handling
events "by hand", which would allow for proper selection and copy/paste.
There are still a few issues in that, though, including making sure that
we know exactly when editing starts and stops.  The yellow boxes are
partly to make that visible.

-Lars