Re: Dia creating blank spaces

On Sat, 2006-11-18 at 16:06 -0200, Thomas Beresford wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sometimes when I'm drawing a diagram with Dia, it ends up creating
> blank spaces around the diagram, so when I export it to some image
> format, it creates a very big image with a lot of blank spaces around
> the diagram. Is there a way to correct this? How can we change the
> 'canvas' size? Thanks for your support!

Can you show an example of the problem? The Page Setup dialog allows a
Fit to Page setting that might be what you're looking for.

-Lars

Well, while working on a example I figured out the cause of the problem. Looks like the problem was due to some arrows in the diagram. When I deleted the arrows and moved the objects pointed by them, the canvas automatically resized to the normal limiting borders. I redrew the arrows afterwards and the diagram was back to the normal, without blank spaces. I also tried the Page Setup dialog to see if it would solve this problem too but it didn't, it only changed the size of the overall image leaving the blank spaces, so the result was a small picture with a lot of blank space and a very very tiny diagram. Anyway, the problem is solved, thank you!

Thomas