gtk+ 2.8 in Windows and Cygwin

Hello dia_list,

I have cygwin installed on my Windows XP system and I use a program called
gtkwave 3.0 which depends on the gtk+ 2.6 libs installed by cygwin.

I want to use dia in cygwin but haven't been able to compile it so I tried
the Windows version of dia but it depends on gtk+ 2.8 libs.

2 questions:

   Is there help for installing dia on cygwin???   I have the latest version
of gtk+ from cygwin which is 2.6.xx.

   Is there a way to run gtkwave with gtk+ 2.6 and dia with gtk+ 2.8??  If I
install gtk+ 2.8 on windows will it get confused with gtk+ 2.6 on cygwin?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Dan