Re: Math shapes?

On 11/12/06, Lars Clausen <lars raeder dk> wrote:
That's a lot nicer solution.  I gave it some thought once, and there
shouldn't be a problem in getting appropriate bitmaps out of LaTeX.
Just cache them like images, and they're fine.  The text editing would
probably have to be in the properties dialog for now, until I get around
to embedding proper GtkEntry widgets in the canvas.

Entry in the properties box would be fine.  There may need to be some
options that go along with the LaTeX code.  Those options would be
well placed in the properties dialog.

Definitely don't want to embed a LaTeX in Dia.  There should just be an
option to specify path and options.  I would in fact rather not have to
explicitly support any particular TeX distribution.

Agreed.  By 'support' all I really meant was auto-detect and
auto-configure.  Most LaTeX editors work in a similar fashion, they
provide an interface to the existing distribution, allow total
customization of the configuration, but also auto-detect the most
common setups.

          Rob